Adding value for ALL RS sailors
- Sets the rules to give great one-design and handicap racing - enhancing resale values
- Organises websites, race reports, news, social media - keeping you informed
- Organises racing events with fantastic social scene - improving your Class’s popularity and value
- Organises training events - helping you get the most from your boat
- Liaises with the builder, RS Sailing - ensuring the quality and specification are what owners want
- Negotiates excellent discounts from the RS Sailing Store, including sail discounts, and many other companies
- Encourages new people to get involved - giving a better experience for everyone
Who is your Class Association?
- It is run by volunteer sailors with back-up by part time professional administrators
- The sailors make the plans and decisions - without having to do all the leg work
Please show support by joining your Class Association
- The cost is tiny compared to your benefits, working out at just £3.75 per month for Full Membership, £3 per month for Club Membership or £2.08 per month for Youth Membership
- By taking out International Class Association membership for one class, you will have reciprocal membership to the RS100, RS200, RS300, RS400, RS600, RS700, RS800, RS Vareo International and International RS500 Class Associations
- One event membership is available for all events except National and major championships, for use by those borrowing a boat, intending to only sail in one RS Class Association event etc. Click here.
Olympic Race Officer Tim Hancock to be PRO for the Salcombe Gin RS Summer Regatta
Nothing but the best for the Salcombe Gin RS Summer Regatta - the PRO will be 2x Olympic RO and 3x World Champion Tim Hancock!
A member of the British Olympic Squad with the 505, Flying 15 and Wayfarer world titles to his name, Tim Hancock has proven himself through over 20 years of experience, including the Weymouth and Tokyo Olympics. He was also Chairman of the Olympic Selection Committee for the 2016 Games.
Hugely popular as a previous Commodore at Hayling Island Sailing Club during its Lottery funding development, Tim is incredibly well respected within the sailing world.
The Salcombe Gin RS Summer Regatta will incorporate
- The Noble Marine RS500 UK Nationals, 23-25 June
- The inaugural Salcombe Gin RS200 Masters Champiosnhip, 23-25 June
- The Rooster RS400 Southern Championship, 24/25 June
- An event on the Rooster National tour for the RS100s, the RS200 main fleet, the RS700s and RS800s
PLUS on Saturday night, HISC will be hosting the 1st RS Ball since covid, in aid of the Ellen Macarthur Cancer Trust.
The Salcombe Gin RS Summer Ball
Friends, family and RS supporters all welcome.
Enter before 23rd May, to save £25 on your entry, that's just £2 shy of your ball ticket price!
RS100, RS200, RS400, RS700, RS800 Summer Regatta
RS Ball tickets